On this Absolute Beginners sewing machine course you'll learn how to sew with a sewing machine, pin, cut out and sew up a simple cushion cover from our basic paper pattern & then make a pair of pyjama trousers. By the end of the course you'll have practised all the key essential techniques needed for sewing and dressmaking and feel confident using patterns.
- Threading up the machine and bobbin, different stitches, adjusting tension, changing a needle and presser foot
- Cut out your cushion cover inc. how to use patterns, use fabric economically & pin for ease/accuracy of cutting
- Sewing your cushion cover and practising learnt stitch types as you go.
- Lay up economically, pin, cut out
- Follow our colour making instructions with your teacher's help to sew up and finish your Project
- Take home your cushion and show off your skills.
Tea Break Please help yourself to our tea selection, or coffee, squash or filtered water throughout the class. Feel free to bring snacks.
Lunch Break There will be a 45-60 minute lunch break. If you bring packed lunch you can stay in the breakout area for lunch - although we do recommend getting some fresh air as it will be a long and intense day of sewing!
Whats next? If you want to start making more clothes after this course you could start with a simple skirt, top or dress in our Stitch Classes, or practise a bit more first by making a tote bag or other items in Stitch Classes.