Making clothes for the little people in your life is not only really cute, but a great way to expand your skills of dressmaking and working without different fabrics.
During this one day workshop you will have the choice of 2 different patterns depending on your past level of experience and the skills you'd like to focus on.
The pattern suggestions are:
Simplicity Baby Rompers Sewing Pattern, 8894
Simplicity Baby Dress Sewing Pattern 6578 ( the one in the photo )
You will learn
* How to interpret and read a commercial pattern
* Depending on the pattern and option you choose....
* How to create an elastic casing
* How to insert a zip
* How to sew buttonholes
* How to sew a simple jersey top
* How to create gathers
If you are feeling less confident or have less experience, we recommend you choose the sleep wear pattern and just focus on completing the PJ bottoms during the day.
If you are more experienced then the more involved project of the dress or baby romper will help develop your skills in garment construction.
Depending on your past level of experience, you may have to finish your project at home.
* Use of all tools, equipment and machine
* Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch)
You will need to bring
* You'll need to know the measurements (and weight as appropriate) of the child you are making the garment for. Sizing can vary between patterns and its best to select a size based on actual measurements and weight rather than age. If you need any help in working this out, please get in touch and we can advise.
* Fabric to make the garment you have planned. This will vary depending on the pattern, style and size you choose to make so please get in touch and we can help you work it out.
* Matching thread.
* Any other notions depending on the pattern you have chosen. This may be buttons, a zip or elastic. Again, please get in touch and we can advise you individually.
* Please check before hand, if you have any questions.