Making clothes for the little people in your life is not only really cute, but a great way to expand your skills of dressmaking and working with different fabrics.
During this one day workshop you will have the choice of 2 different patterns depending on your past level of experience and the skills you'd like to focus on.
The pattern options are
* Newlook pattern 6879 which is a lined dress with a fitted bodice, gathered skirt and zip closure at the back.
* Size range of 6months-4 years (chest 19"-23")
* Newlook pattern 6857 which has a selection of unisex sleep wear. For this pattern we recommend sticking to the PJ bottoms or shorts and the sleevless top.
* Size range 3 years-8 years (chest 21.5" to 26")
You will learn
* How to interpret and read a commercial pattern
* Depending on the pattern and option you choose....
* How to create an elastic casing
* How to insert a zip
* How to sew buttonholes
* How to sew a simple jersey top
* How to create gathers
If you are feeling less confident or have less experience, we recommend you choose the sleep wear pattern and just focus on completing the PJ bottoms during the day.
If you are more experienced then the more involved project of the dress or baby romper will help develop your skills in garment construction.
Depending on your past level of experience, you may have to finish your project at home.
* Your choice of a Newlook pattern to take home and make again
* Use of all tools, equipment and machin
* Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch)
You will need to bring
* You'll need to know the measurements (and weight as appropriate) of the child you are making the garment for. Sizing can vary between patterns and its best to select a size based on actual measurements and weight rather than age. If you need any help in working this out, please get in touch and we can advise.
* Fabric to make the garment you have planned. This will vary depending on the pattern, style and size you choose to make so please get in touch and we can help you work it out.
* Matching thread.
* Any other notions depending on the pattern you have chosen. This may be buttons, a zip or elastic. Again, please get in touch and we can advise you individually.
* Please check before hand, if you have any questions.