11.00 am to 4.00 pm
Make your very own fashionable Peaky Blinders baker boy cap. This is a unisex design, so can be made for a friend or partner as long as you come head measurements.
This ALL INCLUSIVE workshop will include the templates, fabric and lining of choice, 1 cover button, peak insert, interfacing and grosgrain ribbon.
For the workshop students can choose from the beautiful range at Fabric Focus, woven fabric; wool, wool tweed, cotton, linen, suedette or denim. Also luxury lining for the cap in a colour and pattern of choice. Plus a 70 cm length of grosgrain ribbon to match or contrast with their fabrics.
* The course will cover an introduction to the pattern, head measurements and how to adapt the shapes.
* Cutting out 3 types of fabric: outer, lining and interfacing. Bonding, piecing and stitching together
* Clipping, pressing, topstitching the segments, darting to fit.
* Making the peak, applying the peak, inserting the lining.
* Finish with fit and applying the grosgrain ribbon.
Students are required to have prior knowledge of using a sewing machine.
In-house sewing machines are available to use.
Please bring dressmaking scissors, chalk, tape measure and a ruler.