Ultimate Beginner Sewing Day
Always wanted to sew but not sure where to start? This One Day intensive workshop is for you .
Starting at the very beginning this step-by-step day will have you thrifty stitching in no time! During the day we will guide you through these basics:
* Learn the absolute basics of sewing from threading a needle, to using simple hand sewing stitches.
* Cover a button and sew on different types of buttons
* Begin to use a sewing machine- Master bobbin winding: threading up the machine: sewing forward in straight or curvy lines: and how to turn corners.
* Sew simple seams:- The basic building block of all sewing projects
* Discover how to stop your sewing from unravelling in the wash with simple seam neatening
* Learn how to lay out a simple pattern, pin and cut it out from a selection of our fabrics
* Create either a simple tote bag or an envelope cushion, and take away your finished project plus the pattern so you can make it again at home!
* Learn lots of handy tips and tricks of the trade .
Cost: £95 ( Max class size is reduced to 2 )
Time: 10.30 am to 4.00 pm Arrive on time, as session starts promptly 10.30 am .
Materials required: All tools and materials included - just bring yourself!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits provided all day, but please do bring a sandwich for lunch. ( alternatives there is an on site Coffee Shop)
I offer a variety of different classes and workshops, one:one, or as part of a small group. Max pupils in any one session is 2 persons due to social distancing .
Classes are available 7 days a week.
These are a selection of the workshops currently on offer in our Cardiff Bay Studio, situated right next to Cardiff Bay Train Station. Meter parking is available nearby.
I offer small classes, so lots of teacher attention in a relaxed atmosphere.
One to One Tuition is also available.
Workshops on offer:
Get to know your Sewing Machine
One to One Tuition
Cushion and Lampshade Workshops
Beginner Cushion Workshop
Spruce up your home and develop your skills making amazing cushion covers.
Weekly 'STITCH ' Classes
If you can sew or have attended our Beginners workshop on now want to learn more and mo e on , then this is the next Step
Our most popular class...available daytimes, Evenings and weekends
Pleat Headed Curtains
Come for the day and learn to make a Professionally finished Curtain, choos between Pencil Pleats or Eyelet Heading
Intro to Crochet
Learn the very basics of Crochet and progress your skills to creat small ( or large) projects
Little Girls Dress Workshop
Come and learn to make a lovely little dress, take home your dress to show off !
One 2 One Workshops
If you would like to have one 2 one attention, then this is the class for you. So whether it's skill learning, a special project or pattern, you can choose your lesson.