Kimono Style Robe in a Day
Perfect first dressmaking project! Make a beautiful dressing gown / robe. Learn to follow & cut out from a pattern, sew & zigzag seams, construct a pocket & belt. Sew up the entire garment with our full support
On this kimono making course you will:
- Choose your pattern size.
- Pin pattern to fabric, cut out
- Sew up your robe - by the end of the workshop you'll have practised various essential sewing techniques like seams, zig-zag stitch to stop fraying, making and turning through a tie-belt, pressing and sewing a pocket (optional add another pocket at home - hip or ) & turning/sewing hems and cuffs
- You'll feel much more confident using patterns & putting garments together.
- Leave with a fabulous finished robe.
Breaks There will be a 30 minute break.
Refreshments Will be available. Feel free to bring your own snacks, it's fine to eat in class (we have wet wipes to keep fingers/fabric clean!).
Sewing Course options:
1 day workshop:
Sunday 29th March, 10am-6pm with 30 min break
Saturday 2nd May, 10am-6pm with 30 min break
Can't do these dates? Enquire here about the next one
Or cover this sewing workshop any time in:
3-4 Stitch Classes (depends on speed and fabric choice, takes fewer classes with homework)
or 5-6 hours 1-2-1 lessons
Bring the items from the bring list below plus £2.50 to cover cost of pattern paper/bobbin to your Stitch or 1-2-1 classes