Starting at the very beginning this step-by-step day will have you thrifty stitching in no time! During the day we will guide you through these basics:
* Learn the absolute basics of sewing from threading a needle, to using simple hand sewing stitches.
* Cover a button and sew on different types of buttons
* Begin to use a sewing machine- Master bobbin winding: threading up the machine: sewing forward in straight or curvy lines: and how to turn corners.
* Sew simple seams:- The basic building block of all sewing projects
* Discover how to stop your sewing from unravelling in the wash with simple seam neatening
* Learn how to lay out a simple pattern, pin and cut it out from a selection of our fabrics
* Create either a simple tote bag or an envelope cushion, and take away your finished project plus the pattern so you can make it again at home!
* Learn lots of handy tips and tricks of the trade .
Cost: £110 ( Max class size is reduced to 2 )
Time: 10.30 am to 4.00 pm Arrive on time, as session starts promptly 10.30 am .
Materials required: All tools and materials included - just bring yourself!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits provided all day, but please do bring a sandwich for lunch.